Official Project Solicitation
Department of Community Development
Project Name: House for Mario
Date Submitted: December 28, 2013.
Supervisor’s Note: This project was delayed due to difficulties in signing an agreement with local government.
Name of Solicitor: Iglesia Para Amar y Restaurar (Local Arms to Love and Restore Church)
Location of Project: Lomas del Aguila Gualala, Santa Barbara, Honduras
Project Justification: Why do you need the project?
Many of our church members and friends have small plots of land, but live in very poor conditions and are in need of a dignified home.
General Objective: What do you hope to achieve with the project?
We hope to provide a homes in good condition and happiness to these families.
Development Strategies How are you planning to execute the project?
- Assure that all legal documents are in order.
- Socialize (explain and present) this project with: the local church.
- Utilize local resources like: labor.
- Seek the support of: donors from the US.
- The project will be executed under the supervision of the Department of Community Development.
Direct Beneficiaries: Who and how many will continually benefit from this project?
Five people: Mario Teruel Pineda (60), son Abimelec (20), son Eliazar Omar (18), son Melquisedec (16), and daughter Ercilia (12). Mario works as an agricultural day laborer earning approximately $100/month when he is able to find work.
Indirect Beneficiaries: Who and how many will occasionally benefit from this project?
Others that might visit and benefit from the hospitality of this family.
- The local mayor is providing 250 blocks and sand for the foundation ($310).
- The beneficiary will provide labor and stone ($100).
- The remaining construction materials and payment of a contractor are needed from an outside donor.
Don’t pass up an opportunity to be part of this worthy project just because you are not able to fund the entire project! Heart to Honduras will gladly accept any amount you can put towards this project and then continue seeking out additional sponsors.